Canada’s Youth Media Alliance has revealed its 2017 English-language Awards of Excellence nominees for TV programs and digital productions.
By Jeremy Dickson
Celebrating the country’s top producers and broadcasters of screen-based content for young viewers, Canadian nonprofit industry org Youth Media Alliance (YMA) has announced its 2017 English-language Awards of Excellence nominees for TV programs and digital and interactive productions.
In addition to the categories listed below, YMA will also hand out awards for outstanding achievement and emerging talent on May 31 during its annual gala event at the CBC Glenn-Gould Studio in Toronto. This year’s nominees are:
Best Program, Animation, ages three to five
• Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood, Season 2 (“Nighttime in the Neighborhood”) – produced by 9 Story Media Group, The Fred Rogers Company, Out of the Blue
• Dot. (“One Soggy Knight”) – produced by Industrial Brothers, in association with The Jim Henson Company
• Justin Time (“Who Stole My Cat”) – produced by Guru Studio
• PAW Patrol (“Tracker Joins the Pups!”) – produced by Spin Master Entertainment
• Peg + Cat, Season 2 (“The Disappearing Art Problem”) – produced by 9 Story Media Group, The Fred Rogers Company, 9ate7 Productions
• Ranger Rob (“The Woolly Wiligo of Big Sky Park” / “A Big Sky Park Elephant Train”) – produced by Nelvana Limited, Studio Liddell